Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Monday's a cool day! - Meet Lucilia with boneca Linda



Hi all! I'm Natacha from pioupioukids and this week I have the pleasure to introduce to you Lucilia and her shop Boneca Linda. Rather than Giving you a description of what this busy mom makes, I'll let her introduce herself and you can see for yourself with some photos of my favorites...



Who are you?  My Name is Lucilia Downer

Where do you live? I live in a small town in central New England.  I’ve been a Massachusetts resident all my life.  My parents immigrated to the United States from Madeira, Portugal. 33 years ago.  I mention my Portuguese background because it has had a strong influence in my life and my shop.  The translation of Boneca Linda is Beautiful Doll.  Read more about my shop name at my site    http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=6154123

What do you do?  My husband and I seem to have a love for renovating fixer uppers! We moved into our second “beautifully challenged” home about 4 years ago. I have done everything from sponge painting my kitchen walls as well as installing tile flooring. I’ve enjoyed the challenge so much I think we may need to do it one more time! I was previously employed in the Financial Services Industry. Due to outsourcing, I had the chance to stay at home with my daughters. I hoped that I could find a good work from home opportunity and then I found Etsy! Within the past year, my sewing machine and I have become inseparable!

How many kids? And husbands/partners?  I have two little girls, Olivia, who will be 4 in two weeks!  My youngest is Sonia and she will be 2 this fall.  I’m married to Jeff who I have known for 12 years (hard to believe) and we have been married for 6 years now!















And so you have a shop…:
o       What’s its name?  Boneca Linda, for those who love to Play Dress up!  

o      
What do you sell?  Accessories for young and old!  I create Toddler & Adult Belts, Handbags, Clutches, Camera Straps and more!















o       But how on earth do you find time!?!  Finding the time is a constant battle.  I try to get a head start on my day before the girls wake.  I’m lucky enough to have my youngest still napping while the oldest has quiet time.  I try to sew and list during this time!  When it’s time for lights out, I am back on the computer again.

Anything else you’d like to add…  I enjoy the creative process of selecting various materials to work with.  From reinventing, salvaging, and buying traditional materials.  The final result is always unique!


















Some of my favorite things


My Family
Evenings outside looking over my flower garden
Glass of Chianti
New England Beaches
Band/Singer: Right now, Jason MrazSeafood Marinara Fra Diablo (Bring the heat)
Sweet Potato Fries
Cheesecake



3 comments:

Tricia Rush Richner said...

That's really neat. How often is there a featured seller?

Tricia Rush Richner said...

Sorry, that post came out a little weird. My etsy name and blogger name are different so I am http://tricia16.etsy.com.

natacha lee said...

Hi tricia,

interviews are every monday, if you're interested email either me (pioupioukids) or trina from babyjayne's, it'll be our pleasure to interiview you!
Natacha