Monday, April 27, 2009

MONDAY’S A COOL DAY!

MONDAY’S A COOL DAY! By pioupioukids.etsy.com

Had a busy week end wrangling kids, going out to the park or working on your shop? Boil some water, add a few chamomile flowers to your teapot, let it brew for 5 minutes then sip it slowly while you read this…
This week, it’s a mother and daughter collaboration, Glenda and April from bijouxdesignsforyou.etsy.com:

- Who are you? My name is April and together with my mom Glenda we are Bijoux Designs For You
- Where do you live? Just outside of Toronto, Canada
- What do you do? We make beaded jewelry and gift items. Aside from that, and being a mommy of course, I also waitress. My own mother is also a fantastic cook and baker. I wish I lived closer and could enjoy her goodies more frequently!
- How many kids? And husbands/partners? My own mother has 3 children, of which I am the eldest and has been married to my father for almost 30 years! I have a nine month old little boy named Colson and have been with my other half for a little over four years. We also have a 2-year-old black lab named Lily who is our "first" child.
- And so you have a shop…
o What’s its name? Bijoux Designs For You
o What do you sell? Beaded jewelry and gift items.
o But how on earth do you find time!?! No sleep and lots of coffee!

- Anything else you’d like to add… Our beading addiction also led us to open a supplies shop so that we could share all of our great finds! You can find it at http://www.rougeriverbeads.etsy.com/

Check out those special treats this amazingly productive and creative team has come with for mother’s day:

A few favorites by April…

- Favorite book- Tough one. How about favorite authors? Ted Dekker, Arthur C. Clarke, John Saul, Dean Koontz
- Favorite movie- Ghost...I'm such a sap!
- Favorite song/ band/ singer- Either Bon Jovi or Madonna
- Favorite dish- hate to say it but I LOVE french fries!
- Favorite hobby- My hobby turned into my job...addicted to beading!
- Favorite time of the day- late afternoon...I'm not a morning person
- Favorite time of the night- after 10pm when everyone else is asleep and I get some time to myself!

1 comment:

newhopebeading said...

Pretty mom's earrings :)