A disclaimer: I can't cook to save my life. My husband is the one that does the cooking in our family and if he doesn't cook, I forget to eat! Anyway, he is always trying all sorts of awesome recipes and I will share them with you... He gets most of his recipes from allrecipes, but he always adds a special twist.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake!
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
* 1 1/3 cups water
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 3 eggs
- Whisk together the flour and sea salt; set aside. Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. (This "cookie dough" is a slight variation from the kind that you cook - it has no baking soda or eggs. Since it won't actually cook, there is no need for these ingredients... not to mention the risks of eating raw eggs.)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake (as it cooks, the cake batter will envelop the cookie dough - the cupcake will cook, while the cookie dough only defrosts!).
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the cookie dough ball) comes clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.