This week, Bethany tells us a bit more about herself, her sister and their shop: Chickentattoo. Like many of us, they’ve turned their hobby/ passion into a business: check out some of the gogeous piece this pair has come up with!
- Who are you? ChickenTattoo is run by myself, Bethany Childress, and my sister, Susan Weathington.
- Where do you live? I live in Alabama and Susan lives in South Carolina so it’s gets a little tricky sometimes!
- What do you do? I am a controller by day for an architectural firm and Susan is an interior designer for an architect. By night, when we’re finally off “mommy duty” we both craft our butts off!
- How many kids? And husbands/partners? I am married to my fabulous husband of 4 years and we have have one daughter (9mos.) Peyton. Susan has been married to Matt for 4 years as well and they have one son (1 year) Emery.
- And so you have a shop…:
o What’s its name? ChickenTattoo (confused about the meaning? Check out the shop for the explanation!)
o What do you sell? Children’s clothes, accessories, and baby gear although we are expanding our selection to include custom coozies and personalized tea towels
o But how on earth do you find time!?! I’m addicted to this stuff so I make the time! I even tote my craft bag with me to work to take advantage of my lunch breaks if I don’t have other plans. I’ll cut patterns at work and pin pieces – any prep work I can get out of the way. Because when I get home from work I take advantage of every minute I have with Peyton before she falls asleep for the night and that’s when the crafting goes into overdrive. It helps me wind down from the day so I can actually fall asleep at night.
Bethany chose to share a few of her favorites with us too… Beth that favorite movie got some goose bumps out of my romantic teenage body!
- Favorite book – I read so many different kinds of books so it’s hard to pick just one favorite. I really enjoyed the Left Behind series though!
- Favorite movie – Dirty Dancing
- Favorite song/ band/ singer – Keith Urban (hubba hubba!)
- Favorite dish – anything Mexican
- Favorite hobby – crafting of course!
- Favorite time of the day – 5pm because I can go home and see my little girl
- Favorite time of the night – bedtime!
- Favorite part of the body - eyes
- Favorite color - pink
Favorite Sesame st. character – Oscar the Grouch
If you would like to be interviewed please contact pioupioukids: email@example.com