Monday, September 7, 2009

Tuesday Time Saving Tip - Marinara sauce



Hello it's AngelaSpots with another Tuesday time saving tip. This one falls under the category of why didn't I think of this earlier?

The facts 1 - My 2 year old hates vegetables. 2 - The same 2 year old LOVES dip.

This past week I was putting a frozen pizza into the oven and trying to figure out what vegetables to serve with it. I often put out vegetables within reach of the kids when supper is cooking. All of us snack on healthy vegetables while we are waiting. Then I had an inspiration. Marinara sauce is basically tomato pasta sauce. I served it as a side with the pizza and it was a huge hit. Yeah for getting my vegetable hater to eat vegetables! Even better it was SUPER quick and easy.

How do you get your family to eat more vegetables?



1 comment:

Twisted said...

I out pureed veggies (basically baby food) like cauliflower, squash etc. in dishes. Actually cauliflower is awesome in marinara sauce.